All servers will come down for a Game Update on March 13th at 6:00 AM PT. Downtime is anticipated to be less than 2 hours. Players may note the following changes to gameplay:
· Passive Certification gain has been increased for members.
We've increased the number of passive certifications for members and scaled the increase in Certification points based on length of Membership. The new cert point rates are as follows:
- 1-mo. member - 24 passive cert points/day
- 2-mo. member - 28.8 passive cert points/day
- 3-mo. member - 33.6 passive cert points/day
- 4-mo. member - 38.4 passive cert points/day
- 5-mo. member - 43.2 passive cert points/day
- 6-mo. + member - 48 passive cert points/day
- Added a Virtual Reality Training Center
- This area is accessible through any warp terminal
- This is a safe test area where you can try every weapon, vehicle, and upgrade available to your empire!
- Each empire has its own Training area.
- This area has target dummies for vehicles and infantry that have the same properties as in normal combat.
- An indoor shooting range with random targets at 10 meter intervals for reflex practice and target recognition is available.
- An outdoor shooting range with infantry and vehicle targets to train with all manner of weaponry is also available.
- There is an open area to practice driving or flying with vehicles.
- A quad course is available, but jump ramps haven’t been installed yet, so be cautious and creative when navigating the course!
- While in the training area players have a separate set of loadouts for vehicles and classes. Normal loadouts are used when the player returns to one of the continents.
- A Redeploy hotkey has been added and can be used without having to view the map. Default binding is the Delete key. If you find yourself stranded in VR, use the hotkey to get back to the training facility. This functionality is available both in and out of VR Training.
- For training purposes, reality has been altered in this area:
- All weapons for infantry and vehicles available to the player’s empire can be used!
- All vehicle upgrades, suit upgrades, abilities, and weapon attachments are available and at the maximum rank while in the zone, regardless of the player’s current certifications.
- Vehicles and MAX suits do not cost resources.
- Vehicles and MAX suits do not require or start acquisition timers.
- Player stats are not recorded while in this area.
- Experience and medals cannot be earned while in this area.
- Players cannot hurt each other or their vehicles but can hurt themselves.
- Shooting or destroying friendly target dummies does not grant grief points but will still show the grief indicator and play the grief sound.
- Respawning has no time delay.
- Weapon trials cannot be obtained while in this area (you already have access to every weapon!).
- Note that consumables still cost resources and deplete the player’s inventory when used while in VR. This will be altered in a future update.
- Rotated the Warp Gates on all three continents
- More Classic Decals have been added to the Depot.
- Added a new weapon for the Flash, the S12 Renegade shotgun.
- The cloak effect on low graphics settings will no longer make the infiltrator completely invisible.
- Fixed issues with some AA weapons not causing proper damage to air vehicles at close range.
- Fixed an issue where rocket launchers could maintain a lock through actions that should have cancelled it
- Shooting through SCU shields should no longer impact projectile range
- When set to semi-automatic, the crosshair for the NS-11 and NS-11 Platinum should no longer disappear
- Fixed an issue where the M77-B could lose its crosshair after aiming down the sight
- Changed the color of the night vision scope’s crosshair so that is easier to see against dark backgrounds.
- Should now be able to unlock the Auraxium Medal for the TR’s ASP-30 Grounder
- The shell casings for all pump action shotguns should now eject from the weapon at the correct time and match the texture of the shell casings being loaded
- Placed C4 will now despawn when the source player dies
- NS Annihilator: Range to lock-on to ground targets reduced to 400 meters (matching the range of other ground lock-on rocket launchers). Range against aircraft remains at 500 meters.
- Fixed bug that was causing the hit box and the player model to not match when jumping.
- Note: Other players will now jump lower to the ground (and be slightly easier to shoot). There has been no change to actual jump height.
- Small increase to the angle that players can walk up
- The medals for the TRS-12 Uppercut should no longer be mislabeled
- The LX Mark IV and Trueshot scopes should now both apply the proper attachment to the GD-66 Claw when equipped
- Addressed cosmetic issues with the T5 AMC’s reload animation
- The following infantry based explosives have been modified. In general, explosions are now stronger at their center, but damage falls off faster
- Frag Grenades: Reduced inner blast radius by 2 meters. Reduced outer blast radius by 0.5 meters. Increased inner damage by 25 points.
- Sticky Grenades: Reduced inner blast radius by 2 meters. Reduced outer blast radius by 0.5 meters. Increased inner damage by 25 points. Sticky grenades will now bypass flak armor if stuck to a player.
- TR Claymores: Reduced inner blast radius by 1.5 meters. Reduced outer blast radius by 1 meter. Increased inner damage by 25 points.
- NC Bouncing Betties & VS Proximity Mines: Reduced inner blast radius by 0.5 meters. Reduced outer blast radius by 1 meter. Increased inner damage by 25 points.
- Tank Mines: Reduced inner blast radius by 0.5 meters. Reduced outer blast radius by 3 meters. Note: These changes only apply to infantry.
- Underbarrel Grenade Launcher: Reduced inner blast radius by 0.4 meters. Increased inner damage by 25 points.
- C4: Increased inner blast radius by 1 meter.
Modified the total ammunition capacity of the following weapons:
Default capacity increased from 120 to 140 on the following carbines:
- NC Reaper DMR
- NC AC-X11
Default capacity increased from 180 to 210 on the following assault rifles:
- NC GR-22
- NC Carnage BR
- NC GD-7F
- VS Pulsar VS1
- VS H-V45
- VS CME
- VS Equinox VE2 Burst
- VS Equinox VE2
- VS Solstice
- VS VX6-7
- VS Solstice Burst
- VS Solstice SF
- VS Serpent
Default capacity increased from 60 to 70 on the following Sniper rifles:
- NC Gauss SPR
- NC Impetus
- TR 99SV
- TR KSR-35
- VS VA39 Spectre
- VS Phantom
Default capacity increased from 30 to 40 on the following bolt action sniper rifles:
- NC NC14 Bolt Driver
- NC SAS-R
- NC LA80
- NC Longshot
- TR M77-B
- TR TSAR-42
- TR SR-7
- TR RAMS .50M
- VS XM98
- VS Ghost
- VS V10
- VS Parallax
All 75 round LMGs are now the same and have a 300 round capacity.
- NC Gauss Saw S
- TR TMG-50
- VS Pulsar LSW
- VS SVA-88
- VS Flare
- VS Ursa
- NC NC4 Mag-Shot : Default capacity increased from 60 to 75
- NC Rebel : Default capacity increased from 32 to 56
- TR TX1 Repeater: Default capacity increased from 84 to 105
- VS Beamer VS3 : Default capacity increased from 68 to 85
- VS Manticore SX40 : Default capacity increased from 60 to 75
- NC AF-4 Cyclone : Default capacity increased to 175
- TR SMG-46 Armistice : Default capacity increased to 240
- TR PDW-16 Hailstorm : Lowered default capacity to 240
- VS Eridani SX5 : Default capacity increased to 200
- TR T32 Bull: Lowered default capacity to 240
- All semi-auto shotguns : Default capacity increased to 48
- NC Jackhammer : Default capacity increased to 48
- VS VX29 Polaris : Fixed bug that was causing this weapon to pickup ammunition twice as fast as all other 100 round LMGS.
- NC Gauss SAW S: Fixed bug that was causing this weapon to pickup ammunition too slow. It now collects a full magazine each pickup pass.
- All 8 round magazine semi-auto shotguns: Fixed bug that was causing these to only pickup 6 rounds each pass. They now pickup a full 8.
- Flash Update:
- Rumble Seat: You can now bring a passenger with you on your Flash that can utilize their personal weapons while moving.
- New Cert Line: Wraith Module: Cloaking for infiltrators using the Flash
- New Weapon: S12 Renegade Shotgun
- Vehicle horns should now be able to be heard from significantly greater distances
- Movement improvements have been made for the Magrider:
- Stock hover length increased
- Hill climbing restrictions re-adjusted. Should no longer receive excessive penalties when driving on uneven terrain.
- Torque has been increased for all ground vehicles.
- This should result in an increase over their current top speeds when driving up inclines.
- General tuning adjustments to environmental collision damage for all vehicles
- Should now be able to re-equip the default cockpit glass on aircraft after equipping decal cockpit glass
- Vehicles will no longer continue to drive themselves after the pilot exits
- Fixed an issue that could cause a players to be flung long distances when they collided with a vehicle
Vehicle Weapon Changes
- Prowler P2-120 HEAT & HE rounds have had their blast damage reduced from 1000 to 700.
- Full shields and health infantry require at least two rounds to be killed from splash damage exclusively.
- This does not affect direct damage.
- A direct hit will still kill a full health infantry in one round.
- Most vehicles are immune to tank blast damage so this will have little effect on vehicle to vehicle combat.
Prowler P2-120 HE
- Time to reload increased from 3125ms to 3500ms
- Vanguard Titan 150 HE
- Time to reload decreased from 5000ms to 4750ms
- Reduced cone of fire penalty slightly
- The inner/outer blast radius from the following vehicle based weapons has been reduced
- MBT HEAT: (P2-120, Titan and Supernova): Inner radius blast reduced from 2 to 1.5 meters. Outer radius blast reduced from 7 to 5 meters.
- MBT HE: (P2-120, Titan and Supernova): Inner radius blast reduced from 2.5 to 2 meters. Outer radius blast reduced from 11 to 8 meters.
- Lightning: L100 Python HEAT: Inner radius blast reduced from 1.5 to 1 meter. Outer radius blast reduced from 7 to 5 meters.
- Lightning: L100 Python HE: Inner radius blast reduced from 2 to 1.5 meters. Outer radius blast reduced from 11 to 8 meters.
- Liberator: L105 Zepher: Outer radius blast reduced from 8 to 7 meters.
- Liberator: C150 Dalton: Outer radius blast reduced from 10 to 9 meters.
- Rocket Pods: Outer radius blast reduced from 6 to 5 meters.
- Common: M60 Bulldog: Outer radius blast reduced from 8 to 6 meters.
- Common: E540 Halberd: Outer radius blast reduced from 4 to 3 meters.
- Magrider: Saron HRB: Outer radius blast reduced from 4 to 3 meters.
- Vanguard: Enforcer ML85: Outer radius blast reduced from 4 to 3 meters.
- Prowler: P525 Marauder: Inner radius now matches M40 Fury; Increased from 1 to 2 meters.
The experience granted for killing many enemy vehicles has been increased:
- Galaxy: 400 xp, increased from 300 xp
- Liberator: 500 xp, increased from 150 xp
- ESF: 400 xp, increased from 75 xp
- MBTs: 500 xp, increased from 100 xp
- Lightning: 400 xp, increased from 100 xp
- The server select screen in the create character flow now defaults to showing recommended servers
- Improved bundle preview functionality
- Added item descriptions tooltips
- Added strikethrough for owned items
- Added “last logged in” to outfit management
- Added drag and drop functionality to the Platoon Management window
- The grenade counter on the HUD now displays which grenade you have equipped
- Various UI optimizations
- Manual minimap zoom is now supported. The default keybindings are ‘[‘ and ‘]’ for zoom out and zoom in, respectively.
Respawn & Map screen revamp
- The respawn screen has been merged with the map screen capabilities
- Deployment locations are now displayed on the left side of the screen when the player is dead, along with simplified class selection panel. The list functions the same way it did on the respawn screen.
- You can now switch continent views by clicking directly on the continent title bar at the top of the map screen.
- Statistics, Resources, and Filters panels have been consolidated into a modal toggle bar in the upper-right of the map screen. In addition to reducing screen clutter, this cleans the map up to future expansion as features such as the mission system get implemented.
- Instant action has been redesigned to be a single button press, with no on-map indication of where it will send the player, but it will still hot-drop them onto a facility with heavy combat. This is to prevent people from exploiting instant action as an organizational tool, which is what people were using it for previously. If you are in a squad and not the leader, a second button for squad deploy will appear.
- Fixed a bug where locked certs were showing as purchasable, even though they could not be purchased
- The tooltip displaying Bronze and Gold membership bonus percentages should now show the correct bonus amounts
- The information displayed in the Profile page and the Leaderboard Stats Pane should now be consistent
- Fixed an issue where platoon leaders that gave up squad leadership were unable to be promoted back to squad leader
- Facility defends should now be appropriately tracked in stats and leaderboards
- Leaderboards should no longer display erroneous negative numerical values in the Time Played column
- Can now click/sort the BR, Capture, and Defended columns in the Leaderboard
- Social Menu button on the Leaderboards should now be grayed out for your own name
- "Back" and "Next" buttons become grayed out and do not function once the player reaches the beginning or end of the leaderboards
- The "go to top" and "find me" buttons are now disabled on the friend and outfit leaderboards
- The Mini-Chaingun, Jackhammer, and Lasher are now listed in the machine gun section of the stats page
- /l and /c are now shortcuts for leader/command chat.
- Destroyed phalanx turrets display the “need repair” wrench icons for friendly engineers
- Location of squad mates should correctly show on the map, even if the squad was created at long ranges
- Will no longer receive a successful confirmation message when entering incorrect Twitch TV credentials
- Vehicle acquisition timers should now display accurately while you are dead
- There is now a Battle Rifle filter in the Depot
- The AMR-66 should now be correctly filtered in the Depot
The following commands should now function properly:
- /outfit invite
- /outfit quit
- /outfit leave (same functionality as /outfit quit)
- Can no longer capture Point A at Arroyo Torre Station through a wall
- All jump pads at Nott Amp Station should now be empire-specific
- Replaced a missing ammo tower from the Spec-Ops Training Camp
- IFF shields at Wokuk Amp Station should now update appropriately on base capture
- Fixed misplaced IFF shields at the NE teleporter room of Andvari Bio Lab
- The shield generators at Zurvan Amp Station should now be connected to the appropriate shields
- All banners at the following locations should now update properly with ownership:
- Andvari Biolab
- Terran BL-4 Crash Site
- Onatha Biolab
- Ymir Biolab
- Added a fourth equipment terminal to the Heyoka Southeast Gate forward spawn
- The ammo tower at Xelas Bio Lab’s North East forward spawn should now properly update with point ownership
- Removed a non-functional SCUs from:
- Copper Ravine Station
- Crimson Bluff Tower
- Mani Bio Lab
- Addressed issues with Gravpad particle effects missing when viewed from certain angles
- Fixed collision issues that could cause players to fall through the world near the Indar’s northern warpgate
- Fixed patches of missing terrain at the following locations:
- Zurvan Amp Station
- Dahaka Amp Station
- Allatum Biolab
- Mao Tech Plant
- Tawrich Tech Plant
- Addressed some graphical issues at the spawn point for Howling Pass Checkpoint and the Dahaka Amp Station tunnels.
- Forward spawn points should now display as neutral when appropriate on both the map and minimap
- Addressed terrain clipping and texture seam issues at:
- Zurvan Amp Station
- Ikanam Bio Lab
- Tawrich Tech Plant
- Crimson Bluff Tower
- The Stronghold
- The Crown
- Crossroads Watchtower
- Highlands Solar Station
- Indar Bay Point
- J908 Impact Site
- Red Ridge Communications
- Sandstone Gulch Mining
- Camp Connery
- Scarred Mesa Skydock
- Mao Tech Plant
- Hvar Tech Plant
- Gravel Pass
- Abandoned NS Offices
- Quartz Ridge Camp
- Removed a non-functional capture point from the Esamir Biolabs
- Fixed inconsistent experience reward for capturing Quartz Ridge Camp
- Friendly terminals and phalanx turrets now give appropriate grief when damaged
- Redesign of the Outpost Tower to make vehicle ordering more secure
- Added a switchback from Blackshard Platinum Mine to Mesa Com. Station and connected Rust Mesa Lookout to the Old Stockpile
- Adjusted ARC Bioengineering and NS Salvage Yard to be more accessible
- Added a bridge from Crater Firing Range to Alkali Mining Supply
- Addressed a stuck bug in some crates and containers at Northpoint Station
- Anti Gravity Pad particle effects should no longer be coming through the floor anywhere at The Crown
- Riders on the Flash should now hear audio cues for lock-on
- Exiting a Sunderer with a gate shield diffuser equipped should no longer play the diffuser activation audio.
- Suppressor attachments should now change the firing audio of the Eridana SX5 and SMG-46 Armistice
- GD-7F Carbine should no longer have different firing audio for single shot vs automatic fire
- NS Annihilator should now have lock on sound effects
alter Schwede, was für ne Tapete....
bin ma gespannt wie sich das ingame bemerkbar macht
Das original changelog soll 9 DIN A4 Seiten lang sein!
da hat sich ja mal was getan. :geilwie:
Von Invite commands über diverse waffen ( Heavy ) mit 300er Magazin :ausge:
bis zur Trainings center... :yahooo:
Ok, hut ab! Das ist echt wahnsinn wie viel die in dieser relativ geringen zeitspanne immer auf die beine stellen.
so, update is raus, und hat sagenhafte 1,8 GB !!!
Many of you have requested that we take a serious look at the shortfalls of our territory control, influence and base connectivity in order to ensure we're routing players into great fights and encouraging a better overall battle flow. We've taken that feedback very seriously and have been working behind the scenes on a few different ideas to make that desire a reality, most of which have been inspired by ideas from the community - including this one that we're ultimately choosing to move forward with. Many of you probably saw a tweet that I sent out several days ago showing the first steps towards limiting the connectivity between regions. I'm going to share a bit more progress and talk a bit about what our plan is for this, answer a few FAQs and talk a bit about how and when you can help with this.
First of all, here's a complete map of Indar with the current prototype connectivity that we're working with.
And here's a slightly more zoomed in image of a specific area:
What we're doing here, in a nutshell, is reducing the number of adjacent territories from an average of around 6 to an average of around 3. Smaller outposts will have 2-3 connections in general, larger "hub" regions will have 3-5. "But, why?" you may ask. We see several benefits to doing this which have also been brought up by many of your fellow players who are advocating for some of these changes:
- This Lane / Corridor approach means that rather than 5 different targets you can attack next or fall back to when defeated, we've got a more limited set of locations to fall back to. This will hopefully encourage fights to progress more often from outpost to outpost instead of "dispersing" after a large battle as often happens today.
- Defenders will have a better idea of what targets attackers will be gunning for next, that predictability should hopefully encourage more active defense of outposts and facilities, as well as allow for proactive deployment of combat engineering.
- Tactical severing of supply lines and base benefits will be more feasible as well as more understandable.
Along with this change we'll be adding & experimenting with several other features to both support and augment the changes to base connectivity:
- Making roads, bridges, etc follow the connectivity more logically than is displayed in the above map - this will involve changes to the connectivity above as well as some changes to Indar's layout.
- You'll also notice that each of the 9 primary facilities are now surrounded by 3 regions that used to be the "Forward Spawn" outposts, those will be turning into full fledged outposts and will be the only connectivity to the facility "core", which we hope adds a bit more back-and-forth to facility capture.
- Standardizing capture times - influence and # of players on the control point will no longer cause the capture time to fluxuate so defenders can have a better timebox to gather reinforcements or set up their next line of defense.
- Making facilities which are under capture contention no longer provide adjacency for capturing other territories. If you are playing TR and own Xenotech Labs but it is being captured by the NC, you will not be able to use it's connection to to Crossroads to begin capturing Crossroads until you've secured Xenotech.
- Enhancements to the Biolab and Amp station base benefits to make them WORTH cutting off.
Showing more info on the map including:
- Generator status on facilities
- SCU status on facilities
- Friendly as well as enemy troop populations for each region
- Capture progress and time remaining on the map (in addition to the region "tooltip")
Now, before you start posting "Why isn't X connected to Y, it's connected to Z but that looks dumb!", this is just a first pass on the connectivity, and our next step is getting this played by you guys so we can figure out if 2-3 is the right number of connections or if 3-4 is better, or maybe 1-2! We won't know until you guys get a chance to really PLAY IT. Now, this is still at least several weeks from going live... however...
Within the next week or so (fingers crossed!) we will launch our new Public Test Server. Once we have the Test Server up we will be putting this current iteration of the hex connectivity on there and asking you guys to come play it and let us know how it works. From there we will be making modifications, finalizing the plan for the Indar layout, integrating the other two continents into this flow, and iterating on the other features I mentioned above as well as tuning capture times, rewards, etc. We've been working on a plan to get a Public Test Server up and running for a while now and we'll have more details about how you can access the server as we get a bit closer.
As always, we're very interested in hearing feedback on this, positive, negative or neutral. We couldn't be making this game without you, our amazing community and your ideas and feedback.
so, und nu das ganze auch nochmal in nem verständlcihen deutsch bitte *gg*
Kurz und bündig: Sie möchten die angrenzenden Gebiete durch dieses Adern-Verbindungslayout reduzieren, damit sich klar definierte Fronten bilden, auf denen sich die Kämpfe fokusieren. Damit wird leichter ersichtlich welche Gebiete als nächstes anzugreifen sind um voranschreiten zu können. Zugleich ist auch klar ersichtlich in welche Einrichtung man sich zurückziehen muß, wenn man überrannt wird, um dort eine neue Verteidigungsline zu errichten. Weiters soll es, solange eine Basis vom Gegner belagert wird (=Flagge geht runter), nicht mehr möglich sein andere angrenzende Gebiete zu capturen, bis die Belagerung zurückgeschlagen wurde.
Das alles ist soweit sehr gut durchdacht und verhindert dieses sternartige Ausschwärmen in alle Richtungen um möglichst schnell, mit möglichst wenigen Spielern, möglichst viele angrenzende Gebiete zu capturen.
Die Kehrseite von dem Ganzen wird sein, dass Zerg vs Zerg eintreten wird und meist die Seite mit höherer Spieleraufstellung gewinnen wird... Stell dir mal 20 rote Liberator über deinem Kopf vor und keiner der Eigenen hat Ressourcen frei um dem was in den Weg zu stellen.
Sie sollten endlich einen kontinentenweiten Side-Chat einführen, damit man in der Lage ist mit allen Spielern auf der NC Seite die sich am selben Kontinent befinden zu chatten. UND sie sollten verhindern, dass man Squads beitreteten kann die auf anderen Kontinenten unterwegs sind. Wenn man eine Einladung vom Leader bekommt und annimmt, sollte man automatisch auf den selben Kontinent geportet werden.
naja, momentan kann eh kaum einer spielen, da massig viele spieler (mich eingeschlossen) loginprobleme auf europäischen server (wie ceres einer ist) haben, und das seit fast 24h....
hoffen wir mal das sich das asap ändert und die das fixen tun ...
so, der login hat grad (22:00 Uhr) funktioniert, und ich hab ca 30 mis zocken können.
... und es ist alles anders. Die Waffen der NCs (jedenfalls meine gauss) machen viel mehr schaden (war jedenfalls mein empfinden) das einstiegsmenü auf die map (spawnleuchten und sunderer/truppleader) is komplett neu gestaltet und meines erachtens etwas übersichtlicher. Viel mehr konnt ich im Moment noch nicht (offensichtlich) erkennen, aber ich ging mit ner K/D von 22:6 ausm spiel.
leider hat sich auch was an der performance getan, gefühlt läuft das game fps technisch etwas schlechter als vorher. aber morgen werd ich weiter testen, bisher scheint das update ne recht feine sache zu sein... bis morgen abend also, kammeraden
das stealth addon für den flash ist auch ne nette sache; damit kann man den ganzen flash bis zu 40sek lang tarnen wenn man ihn als infiltrator steuert. er hat nun auch einen 2ten sitzplatz für nen buddy.
Greetings Auraxians -
I wanted to post real quick to talk about the updates we just made to the Roadmap as well as give some info on GU05 and a heads up on what we've been working on since GU04.
First of all, on the Roadmap you may have noticed that we've shifted some things around and added some new items. If you haven't had a chance, please make sure you go check it out to see the new schedule. One of our primary goals with Roadmap is to keep you guys informed as accurately as possible with what things are being worked on and when they'll be released. Sometimes things will slip, sometimes they'll move forward in the schedule, sometimes they'll be removed entirely, all in line with trying to keep it up to date with the current development team priorities.
A lot of you have expressed concern that certain features have been moved into "Unscheduled" and questioned what that means for the future of those features. In most cases it means that they're being actively worked on by the exact same people who have been working on them, but that we no longer know exactly when they'll be released. As an example, we've moved the new continent Hossin into unscheduled. We still have our full environment team working on Hossin, in fact it's just completed it's initial primary design layout pass and has been handed off to the art team for their first cleanup phase, it's still coming and we haven't deprioritized development of it, but it probably won't be finished in the next 4 months, so it doesn't fit within any of the months on the Roadmap and so has been moved to unscheduled. Another specific task from the roadmap I've heard a lot of players express some concern with is the Continent Locks. We've got a new system coming with GU06 that will hopefully provide a lot of what people want out of continent locking, focused fights, reasons to relocate from your current continent and bonuses for doing so. Rather than trying to solve the so-called "Indarside" problem by locking the continent, we're going to try to do it by giving rewards and bonuses on underpopulated continents during metagame events. It should be pretty cool.
So, please don't assume that because something is in unscheduled in the roadmap it's not happening, in most cases it means that things have become more complicated than we initially thought, or that other tasks have taken priority, in many cases due to overwhelming player feedback. In general, those tasks are still being worked on or are scheduled to be worked on, when that's not the case, they'll be removed entirely, rather than moved to "unscheduled".
This week we're on track to release GU05. This update will consist almost entirely of the Account Wide unlocks. This is a huge change to our inventory systems and character storage. We don't anticipate any issues with it, and we've tested it extensively internally, but with any major change like this there is always the possibility of something going haywire. To mitigate the risk in this change we've isolated it into it's own update which we're currently scheduled to release on Thursday morning.
Empire Specific rocket launchers, which I gave a preview of earlier today which you can watch here: twitch.tv/las0m/c/2050655
These Launchers should be released this Friday barring any last minute issues found in QA. We've spent a lot of time and effort to make these the coolest items that have been released in the game so far, as well as the new gold standard to which all future item releases will be held up to.
Finally, I wanted to address some of the performance issues we've had since GU04. We introduced a couple framerate bugs into the game with this update. The biggest and most pervasive one was hotfixed on Monday, it had to do with particle effects which were not terminating properly. This was actually part of a fix to make some things work correctly with the new Wraith Module, but it caused an unforeseen bug with particles. There is still another one that we're actively tracking down which we suspect has to do with collision meshes being loaded into physics, but we're still investigating. This bug will show most frequently while loading large assets very quickly, for instance, when flying over a major facility. As always, we are working around the clock to track down and squash these bugs as they're reported, but these types of bugs can be very challenging to track down, so we appreciate your patience as our engineering team continues to hunt for the culprit. Lots of people have asked about doing another double XP weekend due to the performance bugs that put a damper on this weekends 2x XP - I'll see what I can do about that.
As always, we are happy to hear any feedback on any of this!
Until next time!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GU5 is raus, leider sind immernoch die Server Down, hoff aber heut noch ne Runde zocken zu können.
Mit Updates sind die mal echt fix, selten ein Game gesehn was so viele Updates erfährt, das GU5 hat übrigends 50MB ca...
All servers will come offline on March 27th at 6:00 AM PT (2:00 PM CET) for a brief update to address a few outstanding issues. Downtime is anticipated to be less than 90 minutes. Players may note the following changes:
- The deconstruct button has been removed from the vehicle info panel on the HUD
- Vehicle kill assist XP values adjusted to appropriately scale with the recent XP bump for destroying a vehicle
- The NS-11C has been added to the Depot for all Empires
- Adjustments have been made to the Lancer VS22:
- Damage falloff now starts at 500m and ends at 700m.
- Projectile speed now changes based on charge level. Level 1 = 600 m/s. Level 2 = 700 m/s. Level 3 = 800 m/s.
- Fire delay removed from ALL charge levels.
- Now takes 1.5 seconds to reach charge level 2 (used to be 2 seconds). Level 3 remains at 3 seconds. You can now hold the charge for 5 full seconds before it will auto-fire (up from 4).
- The charge animation on the reticle is now more precise/accurate
- Adjustments have been made to the NC15 Phoenix:
- Should now do more damage against air targets (same damage as default launcher)
- Reduced reload time by 5700 ms, down to 5200 MS.
- Fixed a projectile speed irregularity, this was causing the rocket to go much further than it should have before the player gained control of it. (Related to latency)
- Reduced phoenix speed by 10 kph (~2.7 m/sec)
- Adjusted the camera to be more in line with the collision model of the rocket
- Air to Air lock on tones should now be working correctly for all empires
- Server performance improvements
da werdsch doch nachher glatt nochmal ne Testrunde drehn
GU06 is right around the corner and has some pretty cool new additions to the game that I wanted to give you guys a sneak peek at. So, here are some highlights:
New Membership benefits:
- Members will have access to an additional 3 character slots
- Members will now have a new, exclusive Daily Sale in the Depot
The new Alerts system is a dynamic server controlled system that initiates server-wide game events. When an Alert triggers, players will have a set amount of time to achieve the Alert goals. Players on the victorious Empire, regardless of where in the world they are, will receive a large bonus when the Alert is completed, and all players fighting within an Alert area will receive bonus XP. The first Alerts that we've implemented are continental conquests, but in the future we plan on adding more, such as: controlling the most of a certain facility type, or controlling the most of a certain type of resource.
There are two ways to win the Alert; a "Dominating Victory", in which the empire controls 100% of the goals, and a "Normal Victory", where they control a larger percentage to the other empires when the timer expires. In a Dominating Victory the Alert ends immediately and the entire Alert reward goes to players in that empire, in a Normal victory the reward is split based on the % of objectives controlled. Here's a preview of the UI displaying the current Alerts status. There is also a small notification in the main HUD letting you know the time remaining for the current Alert.
In the above example the reward is 3000xp, if the TR were able to rally and capture 100% of Indar before the time the Alert ends (good luck, guys!) each TR player on the server would receive 3000xp. However, if the territory control stays where it's at, VS players would get the victory and 1260xp, NC and TR players would get a consolation reward of 1050xp and 630xp respectively. Additionally, all players fighting on Indar during the course of the event will be getting a 20% xp bonus.
Alerts are designed primarily to fulfill two main goals for the game:
- Give players incentives and direction to participate in combat in other areas of the game than they normally might.
- Encourage competitive, exciting fights during offpeak hours.
As such, these events will primarily be activated when the servers are lower on population, during the offpeak hours, so more players online can participate. During the more crowded hours players have plenty of options and plenty of incentives to fight anywhere they want, so it's less likely this will activate past a certain server population threshold.
We're also launching a new Service Ribbon system with GU06. The Service Ribbons system is primarily intended to give small, incremental goals to fulfill during normal moment-to-moment gameplay. Each Ribbon should take between 5-10 minutes to achieve depending on how you play and which Ribbon you're gunning for, but a lot of it is very situational. Ribbons can be earned for kills earned with Infantry weapons, vehicle kills with AV weapons, and support tasks (repair, heal, revive). Vehicle Ribbons are still being worked on and will be released with a future update. Each Service Ribbon you earn will give you 250xp, and the first 5 each day will give an additional 500xp bonus.
You can check out the progress of your Service Ribbons on the profile stats page:
In addition to Service Ribbons and the Alerts system, we've got a slew of balance, tuning and bug fixes coming along with this update. Full patch notes will be available as we get closer to releasing the update.
We hope you're excited for GU06 and as always, if you have any questions, comments, concerns let us know!
spielt das von euch überhaupt noch jemand?
Aktuell haben die Shooter für mich etwas den Reiz verloren. Ich hab mich einstweilen wieder nach Guild Wars 2 zurückgezogen. Macht mir derzeit mehr Laune.